Sunday, May 5, 2013

CENSORSHIP?

I remember this particular lecture in regards to Censorship in Asia. It does make me wonder about why it is implemented and what does it achieve when there is censorship. Lets see,

BBC Signals Outrage Over Malaysian 'Censorship' Of Bersih 3.0 Coverage! (Link)

I actually remember this, the boy who was being interviewed at 0.30 seconds into the video is actually my college mate (i wont give his name here just in case he gets into trouble, you never know) . I realize most of the parts which are censored are parts which would actually give an impact towards Malaysian viewers. However i remember i came across this particular piece of media from facebook. I can understand why the government would want to censor certain parts, I mean nobody likes their bad side to be shown in the media. I do wonder though, is censorship in the media good enough nowadays?

 I still managed to get this footage and now I am sharing it in my class and i am still exposed to it. It does make me think that the government has wasted its time in censoring the video. In fact i daresay that now it makes me think the government is actually scared. Personally i think the government should have not bothered to censor what was seen. This is because now when i think about it for this particular case censorship was used because they wanted to hide the peoples opinion.


  1. The actual media was censored
  2. The media was still available from other mediums
  3. This made me wonder, was the censorship successful?
  4. If they did want to censor the media they should have done it properlY
  5. Because now the media which was censored is accessible and now makes people realize that what they see is lies?
  6. Doesn't this make the whole reason of censorship pointless?

No comments:

Post a Comment